Friday, January 14, 2011

Community

If you have ever seen Community, you have a pretty good idea on what I'm going to endure every Tuesday and Thursday.


Yesterday, we were taught how to add and subtract negative numbers. I know it's a weird concept but it took the full hour of class and about 400 - -300 examples for the class to wrap their heads around it. I'm not making fun, because it just so happens that I didn't manage to test out of this class.

In English a (50+ yr old) guy used the word punctuality rather than punctuation. He was entirely bewildered when my teacher said with a furrowed brow and squinted eyes.. "I.....don't think you mean being on time, do you?". He just looked at her like what in the world are you talking about?

Awkward.

2 comments:

rachel said...

i did my associates at community college. let's just say that i appreciate the accuracy of the tv show

Kelsey M. said...

hahaha. classic. my general classes at ldsbc are sooo like this. there's this older lady (promise i'm totally not being judgemental or rude here) in my computer class and she stops the teacher like every 5 mintues with a new question...like how to create a new folder on the desk top. can't wait until we get to the email chapter. ....what is the point of these classes they make us take?!