Saturday, July 31, 2010

Young at heart

Today is Maxwell's 10th birthday.

picture of a picture but he was such a cute puppy!


He's lost his eyesight and has no desire left in him to acknowledge the neighbor's dogs. But he is definitely still Max. He is still the dog that loves to chase people around the staircase and hunt down possums in the backyard.

Walks seem to be a thing of the past but he still pretends to be excited when you ask, for your sake, because he doesn't want you to realize he is getting old. But he will still kill for a ride in the car.

He still knows every trick from giving high fives to army crawling. But he has learned that he no longer has to do tricks for treats, because he deserves them anyway.

He has changed many dog haters opinions.

He loathes getting his picture taken (hence the stink eye).


Best dog ever.

All I want for Christmas is for you to still be around. Then I promise I can let go.
Let's shoot for that, okay Fluffy?

4 comments:

Kelsey M. said...

aww what a cutie! i want me a puppy.

Meganps said...

I'm definitely one of those dog haters whose opinion was changed by max. How weird would it have been to not have him around the last 10 years?

A note to Max - I'm with amb. Let's shoot for Christmas. Luke loves you and needs to see you again.

Michelle Elkins AKA Mickey said...

oh I always LOVED max. I actually have a picture with him in my photo album. That is how much i loved him. Crazy that he is 10!

trishie said...

Max looks so gorgeous, as a puppy and still so now!

btw, i'm hosting a giveaway, hope you enter: http://trishiekoh.blogspot.com/2010/08/pop-up-cards-giveaway.html