Friday, April 2, 2010

A happy medium

I have been trying to think of something great to write about for a while. I have like nine drafts sitting there, incomplete.

Part of me really wants to rant and rave about the annoyances in my life.

Like I want to complain about the kid that only ever talks to me when he needs a ride or conveniently at 11:00 at night. Last week I expressed my hatred towards mass texts and he told me that I was the only person to ever complain when I got invited to something and that I should grow up. I almost retaliated with "your welcome for giving you rides to work three times this week because you weren't responsible enough to put oil in your car and a ride to the courthouse because your 28 year old self couldn't pay your insurance". Sorry, I know I am quite immature because I simply don't like the impersonalness of being invited to your massive parties with 300 people and every live band in Utah County, which is basically every other 25-27 year old in Utah County. I don't think I have been told to grow up for quite some time, so it was a little new and refreshing to think that all my responsibilities are really nothing.

I also would probably want to complain about my friend that isn't my friend anymore because I wouldn't date him. We would talk every single day and I would go hang out with him pretty frequently until he started hitting on me and I rejected him (I promise it was a very nice, tactful, rejection) and now he doesn't talk to me and if I talk to to him it turns into a pity party of why his life is so miserable because he's short.

I would most likely follow up my rants with how tired I am of cleaning, how annoying it is when people think I am shy and that I can't stand up for myself because of my said "shyness", how obnoxious it is trying to go back to school when the counselor you need to talk to never answers her phone, and the fact that I only have the time to go to the gym about every third day.

I would also complain about my bathroom. I painted it brown a while ago and I seriously do not like it at all. I would rather have the white walls back so that when I stepped in it wasn't like stepping into a chocolate bar of claustrophobia. I even went and bought three little mirrors to go on the wall to make it feel a little bigger and, well, they just reflect the darkness. The color is a great color though.

But I don't want to come across as hostile or cynical so the other part of me wants to be sappy beyond anything and express my gratitude for everything I have in my life.

I would love to talk about my family and that I have a new nephew and how much I love living with Megan. Or how great the friends, that are actual friends, are.

Or I could take the gospel route and go on and on about the blessings it gives me in life and how there really is something to be said about obedience and the power of prayer. I mean seriously people, read your scriptures.

I would also really enjoy talking about the fact that there is a boy with every sort of a legitimacy (can we say returned missionary anyone??). Um, he could me the reason my gym attendance has gone down.

But, the sappy thing...isn't really my thing. So, I technically have nothing to write about.

2 comments:

janica said...

haha. you and megan crack me up. love your posts. please. write more. thanks:)

Meganps said...

i agree. please write more.