Tuesday, January 18, 2011

In theory

In the off chance that I were to date again, here are a few short and simple things that I will never do or say again.

1. I will never say "if it ends, it will totally be his choice".
2. He will be considered my friend and nothing more than my friend, at all times, regardless. If we are caught showing affection..he is nothing more than a friend with benefits. And we all know that's wrong, so it won't happen.
3. I will acknowledge that any and all eye rolls at the expense of my relationship, are much more valid than whatever statement I just made about it.
4. I will not point out that he has good qualities.
Or that he's funny.
5. I will make up names so that outsiders
will stop getting so attached.
6. I will never, ever, again say "The new hot guy in my ward invited me over". Actually, maybe I will say that, and it will be followed with a "and I said no (chance in hell) thanks".
7. If someone asks if I am dating someone, I will say nope.
If they ask if they can set me up, I will say nope.
8. If anyone were to see me and a particular friend in public and later ask me about it I will act as though I have no idea what they are talking about.
Or say "that was definitely my sister".
9. I will never tell them what I like about them because that will go one of two ways.
A.They will use it to their advantage to try and get me back
B. They will use it to their advantage because other girls probably like it too.
Either way, it's used to their advantage not mine
and that is stupid.
10. Lastly, I will take everything I ever thought and forget about it.
Everything I ever believed is currently being defied.
So, I guess I roll with it.

This is all a great idea, in theory. We'll see how long I last before I start doodling names on scratch paper.

2 comments:

Meganps said...

I like the idea of you only telling people they are your friends. or friends with benefits. good luck explaining that one to luke! LOL

Kelsey M. said...

oh how i love your posts.