Thursday, November 11, 2010

sodalicious

Whoever said mother knows best, was probably a mom. And she was right.


I got my tonsils out when I was 12 and I have a very clear memory of my mom taking me to KFC to get mashed potatoes and A&W root beer. I was weirded out by the root beer factor but she told me that it would soothe my throat. It did, she was right.

Anytime any of us were sick she would give us soda crackers and have us drink sprite. The carbonation was supposed to soothe your stomach. I wonder if anyone else calls them soda crackers or just saltines? Because I prefer use the word soda. Anyway, her plan worked again.

As soon as we reached 100 pounds we were able to drink caffeine. To this day I will refuse to take medicine for a headache. It's diet coke or die. My mom taught me that (by example).


Nothing cures anything better than a carbonated beverage.
It is my comfort food.

1 comment:

Kelsey M. said...

I could not agree more. I ALWAYS drink a diet coke before taking pain meds for a headache or anything else for that matter. Especially now days since all I can have is tylenol and it does squat. DC is my cure-all. I can't wait till I don't have to ration it anymore haha.