Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Wednesdate

Last year around this time I got an oil change and the young man doing it decided to ask me if I liked boating.

Conversation went as follows:
him: do ya lak boating?
me: yes I do
him: would ya wanna go with us sometime?
me: (looking around for the "us") yeah sure

give him my number, discuss the area code, move on. He never called me, whatever.

Last week, I went to get my safety and emissions and the young man doing it decided to ask me if I liked boating.

Conversation went as follows:
him: do ya lak boating?
me: yes I do
him: would ya wanna go sometime?
me: ("they" must not be here anymore) yeah sure

give him my number (didn't have the courage to ask if it were still in his phone from last time he asked), discuss the area code, move on. He called.

Bless this boys heart. That being said, boys are so cute when they comb their hair over their receding hairline.

I would hate to bore you with the details and poor grammar of this date. With questions like "is potatoes vegetable" and "Once you eat canned potatoes, I promise you'll never go back to real ones-they're so convenient and you don't have a tam limit on when you can eat them". He failed to mention that as long as it takes them to expire, that's how long they take to digest.

He was very nice and continued to compliment me throughout the night, except when he told me he liked that I was not pretty. I like blunt, but maybe be nicer. He corrected it and said "not prissy". Nice save. He left his wallet in his car when we went into smith's to get some groceries. A few minutes after that he asked me what the most embarrassing time of my life was. I said 2008-2009 and went into an explanation as to why. He said his was when he left his wallet in the car. Oh..then please ignore that useless information I just gave you.

In theory, who wouldn't love a guy that wants to take you boating, four wheeling, and said that for your second date you should get a Friday off work and he will take you to New York or Florida for the weekend, all expenses paid.

Theoretically, I'd be all over that. Sadly, I'm trying to cut down on using boys for their toys...and plane tickets, so I just told him it would be a good idea and refrained from asking if he was actually a murderer.

It was nice getting to know him, he really was so nice. But as the evening came to a close my feelings from the first few minutes had not been changed. I wanted so badly to hug him and let him know that things will work out with someone, one day. But I didn't.

Instead, I wrapped my arms around me and humbly muttered those encouraging words to myself.

6 comments:

Meganps said...

bahahahaha that one actually made me laugh out loud. thanks for making me look like a fool that laughs alone at work at 530 in the morning.

Tyler & Katy said...

haha...so the boy actually called you this time!! did you mention to him on this date that he already had your number? haha

Spring said...

hahahahahahaha. I think we should compile a book of our bad date stories, I promise it would be a best seller!

Tyson and Taylor Beaman said...

hahaha well I'm glad he actually followed through with asking you out this time. You are VERY pretty fyi. Well, Tyson's friend still wants to take you out ;) but I don't think he will take you to New York.

rachel said...

Oh dear. Was it just the week for this sort of date? Mine was last night. My guy is in my ward, super quiet (meaning not a match - not even close), and about 5 inches shorter than me. I'll give almost anyone one pity date. I regret my decision. Nice guy and I ended up giving the advice "the right girl is out there - you're great! Don't give up!" Wha....? How did awkward first date become awkward Oprah moment?

I hate dating. I quit.

Kelsey M. said...

hahahahaha i'm with megan. a fool at the front desk laughing out loud. oh my i wanna hear about this in person. so glad he called though. such a great story. you're such a trooper.
and yes, you are gorgeous. stupid ben. riley and i are upset with him currently, i'll have to tell you about it in person. maybe at dinner tomorrow.
um, and can i quote my husband? awkward..."ben's stupid. if i were single, i'd so be on that." yes, talking about you. wow. thanks, ry....HA
longest comment ever. sorry.