Saturday, May 8, 2010

One Track Mind

I am a junk food junkie. I want to know who started promoting gum as a cure to stop eating, you buy it in packs so that you can spit it out at any time, to eat, and it can be replaced when you are done eating. I really hate this trait about myself. I remember at one point, when I was little, I thought chocolate and pizza were gross? The thought of not liking those, is now what's gross.

Everyday I start out the day with a bowl of cereal (typically multi grain cheerios or something else that's healthy/fiberish), I work out, then I eat an apple. I then eat lunch with is usually a chicken salad or some type of healthy sandwich. But something happens between noon and four that I cannot explain. The sugar beast is unleashed and all I want is cookies, brownies, a chocolate shake, and maybe some fries.

All control is lost. What is even worse is the people that support these habits. Wednesday, I did well (In n Out counts as "well"...I didn't eat ALL my fries..). Then I went to a Cinco De Mayo party, two burritos and a slice of cheesecake later, I went home. Thursday was good, I probably only settled for a box of junior mints or something. Friday I did well again, until I went to my friend Jesse's (at 11 at night-which is even better) and I started downing a bag of those really good Mother's cookies-the brown ones with the white frosting, oh man. It was discussed between Brian and Jesse that clearly I had not had dinner that night. I let them continue to think that as I drooled over Jesse's roommates cheeseburger so Jesse made me a burrito and gave me some chips and salsa.

Today was a similar day. I was doing great this morning and then Tommy came into work. With a plate full of homemade, fresh out of the oven, gooey, chocolate chip cookies.
Imagine that plate with three more cookies on it and that is what it looked like ten minutes ago.

Sometimes I think I should go buy some diet pills or something to help curb my appetite, but then I get to the grocery store and I see what I would be missing out on with this said "curbed appetite" and my mind is instantly changed, for the better.

3 comments:

Meganps said...

should i be offended that you only lose your self control between when i get home from work, and when you go to work?

Kelsey M. said...

story of my life. the constant craving for treats i mean. love your blog. hope you don't are if i sort of stalk it now. haha.

Kelsey M. said...

*care