Friday, October 30, 2009

A day late but still great

A little over a year and nine months ago my sister called me into the bathroom at work. She showed me something that I didn't know was going to change my life, not just hers. It was a positive pregnancy test. I was so happy for Megan and so excited to find out more about the little baby inside of her.

I remember hoping for a niece, but once they found out it was a boy I had the perfect image of a little dark, curly haired, boy. Little did I know.

On October 29th, 2008 my sister called me and told me she was at the hospital. I went there as soon as I could. The feeling I had sitting inside that hospital room was one that I hadn't felt in a long time-peace. I had been going to school and working full time so my life wasn't very based on sitting and feeling peace. I sat in that room for a few hours and we talked about Lucas and about life before earth and how he was taking so long because he had to say goodbye to everyone up there. FINALLY Luke decided to grace us with his presence, a week late and emergency c-section later. I left work and went to the hospital as soon as I could to meet him, I was his first visitor.

I never knew how much love parents really have for their children, because I love Luke like crazy...and I'm only the aunt. Megan and I talked about it the other day and out of the year he has been born I have not seen him for a total of MAYBE four weeks. I can't stand being away from him, and I can't even imagine 1/8th of the love that Megan and Cory have for him. I know that he's never going to feel unloved because of how many people he has surrounding him everyday that love him unconditionally and people that can't see him everyday itch to see him.

That blonde hair- blue eyed baby is the best thing to happen to me in a very long time. He has taught me patience and love deeper than I knew existed. He always makes me laugh and he loves me back. He is always excited to see me and laughs at everything I do. I never really liked babies but Luke made me a total softy. I just love that little guy.

Happy birthday Lucas. I'm so excited to see what this next year brings, thank you so much for choosing my sister and very best friend to be your mom...so that I can have you in my life.

1 comment:

Mama K said...

Amber, that is about the sweetest entry. Luke is a cutey. And I love him and love it when he comes over.