Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Meet Mason

In recent years I have had countless pets. I blame my attachment issues on the amount of pets that have come in and out of my life, since I was just a mere child. Let me remind you that none of my pets have died, they just have been simply and sadly aborted out of my life.

We had Willy, Cosmo, Zorro, Duke, Sammy, and Amelia....just to name a few. I think Teddy is the only one that has left my life not by someone saying they simply no longer wanted him in their life. Oh the sacrifices I have made and the tears I have shed. I blame my tear ducts being dried up on the amount of pets that have left my life as well.


Well, ladies and gentlemen, I am here to announce the arrival of Mason Clydesdale I.


Recently a dear friend was taken from mine and Kaitlyn's lives alike. So we decided that we wouldn't replace that good little fella but we would simply fill in the gaps that have been left emptier than the inside of a turkey on Thanksgiving. We began with a venture to Petsmart, we paced the store trying to find the perfect little critter. I fell madly in love with the Golden Retriever but I had a feeling that maybe I will save that surprise for my husband in the years to come. Something was telling me that Petsmart was not the place for us to be. I suggested one of my personal favorites, Animal Ark. I had such extreme luck with the former rodent that I thought we should give it another shot. We walked in and I saw that light. On the ground, inside a cage, ready to go, were two little guys. With a sign saying "two male guinea pigs and cage $59.99". It was no coincidence. Kaitlyn and I took no time to get them out of their cages and call them our own. Without hesitating for a second, I picked up that sweet, mohawked, red-eyed, thing and cuddled him in my arms. I will call him Mason.


So, there is only one thing left to say...Welcome home Mason and Sylvester! Welcome home!

2 comments:

Kaitlyn Flanagan said...

I am seriously in LOVE with those two little guys...I just wish Sylvester wasn't so timid. I miss them right now while here at work...

Meganps said...

welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome welcome to illyria. i just wanted to say welcome. and by illyria i mean amb and kait's lives.

welcome.